Laptop Keyboard Replacement
Do you need to replace the keyboard on your Laptop?
This is a common issue among Laptops because the keyboard is one of the parts that we use the most on our laptops. But don’t sweat it; Prime Tech Support is here to help you. Our Techs will perform same-day laptop keyboard replacement.
Because of the variety of options when doing a laptop keyboard replacement, we have created two service types: basic and advanced installation. You can see the prices for both options below. Please provide your model # via email or text to determine which option will apply to your laptop keyboard replacement. Our response time is 1 to 2 hours from M-F.
For more information call us at 786-600-6999 or visit us at our Laptop Repair Store to help you!
$100.00 – $150.00
FAQ about Keyboard Repairs
What is my final cost for the laptop keyboard replacement?
The total cost of a laptop keyboard repair is sum of our labor plus the part (keyboard). Our labor is the cost that you see above. Keyboard installations are divided in two service types basic keyboard installation and advanced keyboard installation.
How do I know which keyboard replacement service type is for my laptop?
Very Simple, we need to know the model number of your laptop and based on it we can tell you which option is yours. You can email us or call us or text us with a picture of your laptop and we can follow up with you from there. Our response time is 1 to 2 hours from Monday to Friday.
What is the price of the keyboard?
Well, once we have the model # of your laptop we can tell you the price of the keyboard. Click here to see how to find the model # of your laptop.
Can I buy the keyboard and bring it to you?
Yes, you can. The only issue here is that if you bring the part we wont be able to give you warranty because the part is not from our vendors. For example, if one the keys is not working after 30 days, then you will have to go to your vendor, get the replacement, and we will have to charge you again for the installation of the keyboard because we didn’t provide the defective part.
My Keyboard stop working after a water damage, is the keyboard the problem?
We have a lot of customers thinking that replacing the keyboard will solve the issue of your laptop. The laptop keyboard replacement service could be the solution, but we highly recommend to perform a LAPTOP DIAGNOSTIC instead so we can determine if the issue is the keyboard or the logic board.
Why Do We Recommend a Diagnostic?
This is one of the most important steps in our repair process. The diagnostic allows us to detect the right issue(s) with your device, so you can have peace of mind that there is no other problem affecting the unit. It is very much alike when you go to a doctor to consult about your symptoms because you are not feeling well. You might tell the doctor what you think is the cause of your illness based on your experience, but he/she still needs to perform a proper diagnostic before giving an effective treatment.
The diagnostic will show you a clear picture about the health of your device and guarantee that the service that you are getting is really the one that you need. The diagnostic is executed by expert engineers and the average time they take is between 1 to 4 hours and in complex cases, up to 24 hours. All hardware and software components are tested to check on the health of your unit.
The diagnostic service has a fee that is only charged if no other work is performed, in other words, if you decide to repair your device with us the diagnostic fee will apply towards the final bill.
Once the device is in our store, it usually takes less than 24 hours to repair it. If the repair is prepaid and mailed to us: We will fix your device and test it before delivering to you using your preferred method of shipping, if your device needs additional repairs, we will contact you for approval before we proceed.
If you are not sure what it seems to be the problem with your unit, we recommend ordering a Diagnostic where our techs will run tests, find the source of the problem and give you an accurate quote. After approval, we will repair your device and ship it back to you in a timely manner.
If the repair is prepaid and you make an appointment: If you are in town and would like to wait for your device while it is being repaired this is the preferred method. Customers with an appointment have the priority in our customer's list. If your device needs extra repairs, we will let you know on the spot.
Shipping options are offered during checkout. All shipping costs are covered by the customer. The following are the shipping options that you can select in Miami Dade and Broward County:
- Customer drops off or picks up device–(Free)
- Prime Tech Support picks up your device
- Prime Tech Support picks up and drops off your device
- Prime Tech Support drops off your device
Check our google reviews before doing business with us. We go the extra mile to help our customers.
Check our reviews on Yelp. We love to help our customers with their technical needs
Check our Facebook Reviews, we are very grateful that our customers share their stories with us.
Terms and Conditions
- Except for our Computer Air Cleaning service, all service orders are subject to a minimum diagnostic fee according our type of device rates; this amount will be applied to the final bill if quote is approved. Diagnostic fee is not refundable.
- Customer has up to 3 days to respond to our estimate; if not, device will be set for pick up. Re-entry will require a new diagnostic fee.
- Customer has up to 7 days to pickup the equipment, otherwise it will be subject to a $5/daily storage fee. After 30 days, device will be considered abandoned, and it will be discarded at Prime Tech Support’s discretion without notifying the customer.
DATA Prime Tech Support will take every precaution to preserve all data and software on the computer; however, it does not guarantee the security or safety of the data. Customer acknowledges that occasionally erasure or loss of data or software may occur.
- Customer IS fully responsible for backing up all existing data including but not limited to documents, bookmarks, emails, contacts, music and pictures.
- Customer will hold harmless Prime Tech Support for any data or software that may be lost or erased.
- Prime Tech Support is NOT responsible for the condition of the data transferred or recovered before or after diagnostic or repair.
- Prime Tech Support is NOT responsible for virus infections of the unit or any security threat to the unit, including threats due to weak passwords, after a repair.
- Customer certifies that he/she is the owner or has permission to bring in the device for repair.
- Prime Tech Support is NOT responsible for the health of equipment left for over 7 days from the time the unit is ready for pick up.
- Prime Tech Support is NOT responsible for the state of the data or any other component if unit does not turn on when it is checked in.
- Prime Tech Support will retain any equipment brought in for service until full payment is received.
- Warranty starts when unit is ready for pick up.
- Services are warrantied for 90 days for hardware repairs and 30 days for software repairs.
- Prime Tech Support cannot control what or how the virus affected the computer before or after the removal.
- Recurrence of viruses, malware, spyware or adware will be treated as a new repair at additional cost.
- Hardware and software installations or upgrades performed knowingly or otherwise by the user or a third party, adjustment of settings and hardware tampering, will immediately void the warranty.
I am so glad I trusted Prime Tech Support for the repair of my lovely laptop computer. I used and abused my laptop computer not only to store information, invoices and spreadsheets of my back then business, but to store tons of music that I listened in my long truck trips. My computer started to get hot and overheating. I thought that the cooling fan was broken, but little did I know that the cause of the overheating was all the dirt, lints and dust collected inside the laptop. Other dishonest shop wanted to replace the fan unnecessarily , but Prime Tech Support cleaned the inside, removed and add new thermal paste to the CPU and since then, my laptop has never ever overheated again !!!! Now I know that even if any device is working ok, you MUST clean the inside periodically. Thank you Prime Techs!!! You are the best !!
I'm a music producer and I have a lot of sessions to do and my Macbook just stopped working on me. I did some research and provided a great ball park pricing on all the possible issues but not guaranteeing anything until diagnosing. They quickly did the inspected and service in about 2-3 days easy. Way better than alot of other 3rd party people I have been to and I have been to pleanty. These some real people.
They were so informative and sweet! I love how they sent pictures of the computer before, during, and after the hardware fix. They are very quick with communication and overall are great people to do business with! Thank you so much! Hopefully I don't have anymore technology problems but, if I do I am definitely returning here!